• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation...

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i seem to get a lot of errors popping up. basically any site i go on containing flash i get this error 'SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation...' but i've had other ones as well.. i have firefox 3, mac osx 10.5.6 any ideas how i can stop this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

So i just solved this issue on my computer. It was very annoying and I was getting 3 of these errors popping up every 30 seconds to 2 mins.

I found it was a result of ads playing on my AOL Instant Messanger buddy list.

Downloaded a free program called adfender and the 2060 errors have stopped.

If you are using messaging programs such as AIM or Yahoo or have any other apps or windows open that may be playing ads (even on a news website if it has ads)

this is what is causing these errors to pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that wouldn't normally be your problem.

at what site do you see this error and you think it's your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure exactly all of them as it's been going on for a while haha but i know http://community.michaeljackson.com/ and myspace.com do it, i think it's mainly sites that have video players on them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see those too especially at msnbc.com's video's. that's the programmer's fault.

flash players have been more and more security conscience with the last few releases. so, if you're using fp 10, you're going to see those when visiting sites that aren't up to snuff with their coding.

if you don't want to see those errors, install an older version of the flash player, but i wouldn't recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after doing some googling that was the same answer that i came up with, but i was kinda hoping it wasn't! cus like i say.. it's really annoying! haha
oh well thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that you have the debug version of the Flash player so you're seeing errors that the debug is catching. You can check here for which version you have: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507 If you don't want the debug version of the player then install the other one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just solved this issue on my computer. It was very annoying and I was getting 3 of these errors popping up every 30 seconds to 2 mins.

I found it was a result of ads playing on my AOL Instant Messanger buddy list.

Downloaded a free program called adfender and the 2060 errors have stopped.

If you are using messaging programs such as AIM or Yahoo or have any other apps or windows open that may be playing ads (even on a news website if it has ads)

this is what is causing these errors to pop up.

Adfender was an instant fix.

This or any other ad blocker program (stand-alone program, not just an extension for your browser) should do the trick.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing your solution with us. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines