11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 1:22 PM by Pinyon_Jay

Distorted Images in Latest Lightroom Version - Puzzled

Pinyon_Jay

I'm using the latest version of Lightroom CC via Creative Cloud. In folders which I have not looked at in a long time, I am seeing images in Library Preview that are grossly distorted: banding, blocks of color, color overlays in parts or all of the images. The images are not Camera Raw files. They are jpgs and psd files. It is not all the files in any folder, just a few. When I open them in Bridge or Photoshop or the Develop module, they are totally fine and show none of the distortions that I see in Lightroom. The same is true if I preview them in Finder. If I go back to Library without making any changes, I still see the distortions. If I make a small change in Develop, then go back, the problem disappears. I am using the latest software for my OS [do all updates promptly]. No problems in Photoshop CC 2015 or Illustrator CC 2015. I am using a 27"  iMac with a  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB graphics card.

I wonder if somehow a CF card was damaged while in my camera. I am able to fix the older photos, so it isn't a horrible problem. Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 10.02.18 PM.png

Thanks for any clues!