0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 2:11 AM by Rick Folkes

XML Copy and Paste Issue

Rick Folkes

Hi

I have recently begun working with InDesign  xml import. Apart from the usual issues of making sure that my structure is correct it has gone reasonably smoothly but I have an issue regarding copy and pasting of child elements.

I am working on a 500 page catalogue with various standard product layouts. For simple product (on on level) copying and pasting is not a problem. I copy my content and paste, add the parent 'story' to my structure and we're good. The problem comes when I try and copy and paste something more complex e.g.

This layout

Screenshot 2016-02-15 10.23.48.png

In my xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Root>

<Story>

<Description>Svinryggsrulle 12 cm</Description>
<No>480771</No>
<Brand>DOGMAN</Brand>
<Description2>Svinryggsrulle</Description2>
<NrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</NrKFPLabel><NrKFP>100</NrKFP>
<SizeAndWeight>12cm</SizeAndWeight>
<UnitPriceLabel>Förr:</UnitPriceLabel><UnitPrice>2,70 SEK</UnitPrice>
<AmountLabel>Nu:</AmountLabel><Amount>2,70 SEK</Amount>

<Variant><VariantName>Svinryggsrulle 12 cm</VariantName>
<VariantNo>480771</VariantNo>
<VariantSize>12cm</VariantSize>

<VariantNrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</VariantNrKFPLabel><VariantNrKFP>100</VariantNrKFP>
<VariantUnitPriceLabel>Förr:</VariantUnitPriceLabel><VariantUnitPrice>2,70 SEK</VariantUnitPrice>
<VariantAmountLabel>Nu:</VariantAmountLabel><VariantAmount>2,70 SEK</VariantAmount>

<VariantNrKFP>100</VariantNrKFP><VariantNrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</VariantNrKFPLabel>
<VariantUnitPriceLabel>Förr:</VariantUnitPriceLabel><VariantAmountLabel>Label:</VariantAm ountLabel></Variant><Variant><VariantName>Svinryggsrulle 24 cm</VariantName>
<VariantNo>480776</VariantNo>
<VariantSize>24cm</VariantSize>

<VariantUnitPrice>5,15 SEK</VariantUnitPrice>
<VariantAmount>5,15 SEK</VariantAmount>

<VariantNrKFP>100</VariantNrKFP><VariantNrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</VariantNrKFPLabel><VariantUni tPriceLabel>Förr:</VariantUnitPriceLabel><VariantAmountLabel>Label:</VariantAmountLabel><V ariantName>Svinryggsrulle 24 cm</VariantName><VariantNo>480776</VariantNo><VariantSize>24cm</VariantSize><VariantUnitP rice>5,15 SEK</VariantUnitPrice><VariantAmount>5,15 SEK</VariantAmount></Variant>

</Story>

</Root>

but when I copy and paste this layout in the structure window I get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Root>
<Story>

<VariantNrKFP>100</VariantNrKFP><VariantNrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</VariantNrKFPLabel><VariantUni tPriceLabel>Förr:</VariantUnitPriceLabel><VariantAmountLabel>Nu:</VariantAmountLabel><Vari antName>Svinryggsrulle 12 cm</VariantName><VariantNo>480771</VariantNo><VariantSize>12cm</VariantSize><VariantUnitP rice>2,70 SEK</VariantUnitPrice><VariantAmount>2,70 SEK</VariantAmount><Description>Svinryggsrulle 12 cm</Description><No>480771</No><Brand>DOGMAN</Brand><Description2>Svinryggsrulle</Descrip tion2><SizeAndWeight>12cm</SizeAndWeight><NrKFP>100</NrKFP><UnitPrice>2,70 SEK</UnitPrice><Amount>2,70 SEK</Amount><NrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</NrKFPLabel><UnitPriceLabel>Förr:</UnitPriceLabel><Amount Label>Nu:</AmountLabel><VariantNrKFP>100</VariantNrKFP><VariantNrKFPLabel>Ant/fp:</Variant NrKFPLabel><VariantUnitPriceLabel>Förr:</VariantUnitPriceLabel><VariantAmountLabel>Label:< /VariantAmountLabel><VariantName>Svinryggsrulle 24 cm</VariantName><VariantNo>480776</VariantNo><VariantSize>24cm</VariantSize><VariantUnitP rice>5,15 SEK</VariantUnitPrice><VariantAmount>5,15 SEK</VariantAmount>

<Story>

</Root>

You can see there is no order whatsoever ...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Rick