4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 6:28 AM by salman4017

Premiere  5.1 Upgrade Possible

salman4017

Hi all here

I am a 50+ who used to be into editing a lot and have the original Premiere 5.1 and Media Content disks. These cannot be installed on my new HP elite win 10 desktop. I have my editing itch return after so many years. Is there a way I could use the upgrade option to purchase Pr Elements 14 rather than pay full price all over again.

I live in Dubai UAE. Any assistance would be welcome.

• 1. Re: Premiere  5.1 Upgrade Possible
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you sure it is Premiere 5.1? That program is nearly 20 years old.

That said, there really is no upgrade path for that version of Premiere, which was terminated in 2001 when Adobe introduced Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements.

Fortunately, Premiere Elements is relatively inexpensive to buy outright. A mere US$69.95. You may even be able to find it discounted.

• 2. Re: Premiere  5.1 Upgrade Possible
            salman4017 Level 1

Steve

Many thanks for your response. yes its 5.1. I used spend a lot of money on edit decks etc in those old days. I just didnt want to dish out too much as here in MENA region Adobe is charging much more than in North America. Not just that if I get a North American version I wont be able to activate from here.

Anyway I have downloaded the trial version and if I like it i will have to throw up a whopping USd 105/

And then some wonder why piracy is so common.

Thanks again

• 3. Re: Premiere  5.1 Upgrade Possible
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I don't mean to sound like a smart aleck, salman, but do you really think spending $100 every 20 years for a video editor is cause for piracy? I spend more than that on gas and groceries every week.

• 4. Re: Premiere  5.1 Upgrade Possible
                salman4017 Level 1

Dear Steve point taken. You are right.

However, Its honestly not the amount but the inequity in today's digital world. Its the same product should have same price for all. There is no logistics involved either.

In any case thanks a ton for your help my friend.