4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 8:17 PM by patbigalke7

Acrobat Button Gone

patbigalke7

Hey Guys,

I am having a problem with my Adobe Acrobat and the Acrobat button that is on the tool bar in Excel and Word. The button has disappeared. I am running Acrobat 11.0.12 and I am running Microsoft Office 365 V. 16.0.6366.2062. The .com addin is enabled and I have tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it with no luck. I have uninstalled Acrobat 11 and reinstalled it with no luck. I have ran the repair on acrobat with no luck. I have also run the repair on 365, and also uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. I have also tried to manually register the .com addin with the regsvr32 command showing the correct path, but still no button. This has been going on for a month now and we really need to get those buttons back because we do a lot of editing. Any ideas? Please! Microsoft refuses to help!

• 1. Re: Acrobat Button Gone
          sukritd15 Adobe Employee

Hi ,

As I can see you are not on the latest patch of Acrobat.

Try updating it the latest one and see if that helps to get it back.

Launch Acrobat>Navigate to Help>Check for Updates.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

• 2. Re: Acrobat Button Gone
            patbigalke7 Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. I have updated Acrobat to the latest version already! Button is still gone! Please help! I have searched and searched your forums, and I find it impossible to believe that nobody has seen this or found a solution to this problem yet?

• 3. Re: Acrobat Button Gone
              sukritd15 Adobe Employee

Hi ,

As you are using Office 2016 and it is a not a compatible with Acrobat XI ,that is why you are experiencing this issue.

Office 2016 is only compatible with Acrobat DC.

Compatible web browsers and PDFMaker applications, Adobe Acrobat

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

• 4. Re: Acrobat Button Gone
                patbigalke7 Level 1

When I first installed the new office there was a button on my excel toolbar that worked! All of a sudden one day it was gone? This has happened on 3 other machines! All I can figure is that there is a windows update that is coming down that has taken my Acrobat button away! I understand that you say that it is not compatible, but why did it work for a while? Is there anyway you can tell me which update took away my button? Also are you guys working on a solution for this problem? I deal with a very large company that really needs that button in their excel program for editing! What can we do? They love their paid Acrobat 11 version, but they need their button back! As I type this we are looking for another program that is compatible with office 2016! What can you guys do to get this button back and keep them using your product? Thanks