• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying tables from Word into RH7

Participant ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being terribly good at the technical stuff and being aware of all the problems people seem to have with importing Word docs into RH, I decided just to copy and paste the bits I need which works fine until it comes to tables. It just copies the actual text in a big huddle with no table around it. Is there any way of copying a table over? It seems strange that there is not.
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could save the Word file as an .HTM file and copy the HTML code but I'd say the word HTML code would be just as dodgy as importing the word file into RH.

You may want to create a table in your RH gallery. Rick Stone describes how to do this is his tips n tricks file. This way we have the table how you want and you can just cut/paste the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so if I created the table in my topic with the right number of rows and columns etc, would I still have to enter data into each cell manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but if you'd imported your word file you would at least have a table from which you could click and drag the contents to its new cell location.

The problem is that if you copy and paste the HTML code, you also copy the table/cell formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Right-oh, thanks so much.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp