3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 5:36 AM by Newsgroup_User

Keep Tree state when dataProvider updates

Txoov
      I need help keeping my Tree control open state to be the same when the dataProvider gets updated. The idea is to get the code below (#1) to run. Apparently it doesn't run since I'm using Remote Object connection (amfphp). Based on what I've read Flex assigns new IUID's to the dataProvider each time a call is made to update from the database. So the solution is to make the IUID the same each time. See code below (#2). I can't get seem to implement the IUID to an ArrayCollection class. Any help would be appreciated with #2. Any other ideas to do what I'm trying to accomplish would also be great. Thanks...
        • 1. Re: Keep Tree state when dataProvider updates
          Level 7

"Txoov" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:goirl5$64o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I need help keeping my Tree control open state to be the same when the
          > dataProvider gets updated. The idea is to get the code below (#1) to run.
          > Apparently it doesn't run since I'm using Remote Object connection
          > (amfphp).
          > Based on what I've read Flex assigns new IUID's to the dataProvider each
          > time a
          > call is made to update from the database. So the solution is to make the
          > IUID
          > the same each time. See code below (#2). I can't get seem to implement
          > the
          > IUID to an ArrayCollection class. Any help would be appreciated with #2.
          > Any
          > other ideas to do what I'm trying to accomplish would also be great.
          > Thanks...

Implement IUID on your child objects.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Keep Tree state when dataProvider updates
            Txoov Level 1
            Amy, thanks for your help. Can you go into more detail on implementing IUID on the child objects? I'm not sure I understand what that means. Thanks...
            • 3. Re: Keep Tree state when dataProvider updates
              Level 7

"Txoov" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gok81f$sf4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Amy, thanks for your help. Can you go into more detail on implementing
              > IUID on the child objects? I'm not sure I understand what that means.
              > Thanks...

Look in the help under the keywords "implements interface".