4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 4:51 AM by john beardsworth

    Does After Effects have an equivalent to Photoshop's adjustment layer masks?

    john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

      I have a clip showing clouds in a clear blue sky and the valley in blue-ish shadow, and I want to darken the sky's blues without affecting the valley. Effects like Hue/Saturation or Curves produce good results on the sky, but apply to the whole composition.


      In Photoshop I would just do something like paint a gradient on the adjustment layer's mask, but I don't see an equivalent in After Effects CC2015.2 and wonder if I am overlooking something. Any pointers?