2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2009 2:09 PM by Francisc

Stopping video when navigating to another state

combustion007 Level 1
      Hello Everyone,

I have an issue which I could use some help with. I have two states in my application:
      state_1
      state_2

Both states have video content that was done in Flash AS2. Videos play as they should the issue is that when I navigate to state_2, state_1's video player is still playing which I need to stop. I am sure I need to employ a function to make sure I kill the video before going to state_2. I just don't know what property should I be looking at.

Appreciate your help.
      Thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: Stopping video when navigating to another state
          Level 7

"combustion007" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:goc8rj$rsr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello Everyone,
          >
          > I have an issue which I could use some help with. I have two states in my
          > application:
          > state_1
          > state_2
          >
          > Both states have video content that was done in Flash AS2. Videos play as
          > they
          > should the issue is that when I navigate to state_2, state_1's video
          > player is
          > still playing which I need to stop. I am sure I need to employ a function
          > to
          > make sure I kill the video before going to state_2. I just don't know what
          > property should I be looking at.

You'll need to use LocalConnection to talk to the movie.

• 2. Re: Stopping video when navigating to another state
            Francisc Level 3
            If the 2 states are in the same applications you can either implement a stateChangeHandler that will stop the current state's video by myVideo.stop() or depending on how you change states, put the myVideo.stop().