• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem since updating Flash Player to version 20.0.0.306

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my Macbook Pro (operating OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.3) automatically updated my Adobe Flash Player to version 20,0.0.306.  Since then I have been unable to access the website of the ANZ Bank or its related ANZ etrade internet stockbroking facility.  The message I get is that the computer cannot make a secure connection with the bank.

This problem does not happen with my other Mac or with my iPad.  It applies only on this computer.  It applies regardless of which user and regardless of which internet browser I use (Google Chrome or Safari).  The problem does not occur if I open the computer in Safe Mode.

I urgently need to fix this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Thanks for this. The problem is solve. There was a security software

program that was causing the problem. When it was uninstalled the problem

went away.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM, jeromiec83223024 <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MacOS 10.11.3, and I have no problem connecting to ANZ bank.  I don't see any Flash in play on the homepage or the login screen. 

What I *do* see is that the browser is restricting a bunch of stuff from loading because the page itself is encrypted, but it's requesting a bunch of other unencrypted assets.  This is known as mixed-mode content loading, and has been slowly phased out of modern browsers for good reasons.

I'm not sure why booting into Safe Mode would change this.  I'm wondering if something else is in play.  Do you have third-party security software or something else that might intercept browser communications that loads at startup?  The only think I can think that you might be accomplishing by booting into Safe Mode is preventing your startup applications from launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this. The problem is solve. There was a security software

program that was causing the problem. When it was uninstalled the problem

went away.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM, jeromiec83223024 <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines