4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 1:37 AM by taneojala

Flex modules and tabs

taneojala
      I'm using TabNavigator together with Flex modules. Each tab corresponds to a module. Module is loaded when I first enter the corresponding tab. I select some values on the first tab and would like to show them in List components on the other tab. The actual data is stored in a variable in modules' parentApplication. First time everything works fine, but when I come back and do another selection it won't be updated on the second tab anymore. How can I "refresh" this tab?

If I specify Module's activate -property to call the same method as the creationComplete does, nothing changes, UNLESS I'm debugging and right-click in the application and select "Debugging". Then it is refreshed the way I want. How can I make this happen automatically? Modules are not unloaded/reloaded when I switch between tabs.

Thanks for any tips
        • 1. Re: Flex modules and tabs
          Level 7

"taneojala" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gobkqb$4p6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm using TabNavigator together with Flex modules. Each tab corresponds to
          > a
          > module. Module is loaded when I first enter the corresponding tab. I
          > select
          > some values on the first tab and would like to show them in List
          > components on
          > the other tab. The actual data is stored in a variable in modules'
          > parentApplication. First time everything works fine, but when I come back
          > and
          > do another selection it won't be updated on the second tab anymore. How
          > can I
          > "refresh" this tab?

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf
          Q8

• 2. Re: Flex modules and tabs
            taneojala Level 1
            Hello Amy. Your FAQ and Alex's powerpoint have proven real useful in one of my previous questions (related to DragManagers etc). This time I wasn't able to find a solution to my question, however. Maybe I just don't get it (newbie...). or I look at wrong slides of the 50 slide presentation. Would you please give some more pointers, thanks.
            • 3. Re: Flex modules and tabs
              Level 7

"taneojala" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:goeplm$1nl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hello Amy. Your FAQ and Alex's powerpoint have proven real useful in one
              > of my
              > previous questions (related to DragManagers etc). This time I wasn't able
              > to
              > find a solution to my question, however. Maybe I just don't get it
              > (newbie...).
              > or I look at wrong slides of the 50 slide presentation. Would you please
              > give
              > some more pointers, thanks.

The FAQ tells you which slides to look at :o)

• 4. Re: Flex modules and tabs
                taneojala Level 1
                Ok, thanks. I ended up with unLoading/loading modules from my main application which gives me the correct functionality with some added processing time (not an issue).

For learning purposes if there is a better way, please let me know.