6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 3:35 AM by Tam Bernard

com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?

tlieser

I'm using current LR CC and PS CC on an iMAC running the latest OS X version.

The last few days recovered files keep popping up in my trash bin called "com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6".

So far I have not encountered any problems -- but I sure would like to know what's going on.

Anybody with the same symptoms -- any solutions?

• 1. Re: com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi tlieser,

Did this happen after the last update of Creative Cloud Application?

You can recover the file from trash bin and update Creative Cloud Application so that this does not happen again.

You can let us know if you experience the same behavior again.

Regards,

Chetna

• 2. Re: com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?
            tlieser Level 1

I think it started with 3.5.1.209.

With some problems I signed out of CC, stopped CC -- had to log off my user -- then signed on to CC again. Now the trash is empty. I'll see whether the problem reappears.

LR now gave the message that I'm logged out LR mobile, but I'm not using that anyway (just gave it a try a while ago)

I will come back here to let you know...

• 3. Re: com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?
              tlieser Level 1

It's been a week now.

No problem in between ... but today I had the folder "Recovered files" in the trash again -- with the file "com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6" in the folder.

But: I'm experiencing no problems whatsoever with LR or CC

• 4. Re: com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?
                patriciap33183245

I'm getting the same file recovered in my trash. My lightroom has been freezing and I'm having to force quit the application.

• 5. Re: com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?
                  mv81051131

Regarding the original question from tlieser:

com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?

'I'm using current LR CC and PS CC on an iMAC running the latest OS X version.

The last few days recovered files keep popping up in my trash bin called "com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6".

So far I have not encountered any problems -- but I sure would like to know what's going on.

Anybody with the same symptoms -- any solutions?'

I have had 14 of these recovered folders/files (all with the same identical name as above - all zero bytes) in the trash folder between August 2016 and Jan 2017. Likewise I am using the latest versions of LR & PS CC on a Mac Pro. I have also experienced problems with LR crashing on occasion and I allowed the system to send an automated report back to Adobe. Unfortunately I did not make a note of the date/time of these crashes, so I don't know if this recovered file is related.

I have however rang Adobe and the operative initially stated that these files had nothing to do with Adobe, he didn't know what they were or where they were from and that I must have deleted them from somewhere myself. After my persistence that I had nothing to do with their appearance, and that the clue was in the name '...adobe...LR6', he finally went away to speak to a supervisor. On his return, he told me (not very convincingly) that they were related to the periodic updates to LR CC, and that I could delete them without any harm to LR.

I will delete them from the trash (fingers crossed) and try to remember to check the trash folder after any further crashes/updates, to see if the file re-appears. If they do, I'll hopefully remember to update my response.

I hope this helps!

• 6. Re: com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerLR6 in the trash?
                    Tam Bernard

Same. Been having the same problem for a year now. The customer service is the worst i have encountered. Have been promised manager callback and never got one. Still paying my subscription though!!!! Why can't another company just make some good software so we don't have to put up with this anymore? I use it for work and so far this year (2017) adobe CC has just cost me time and money.