3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 7:30 AM by BMV

Which is the correct flow to follow a contract signing process with the API?

BMV

Good evening everyone,

I'm trying to integrate this service (echoSign) into our registration process.

This is how I've proceeded until now.

1. From the web dashboard I've created a new Widget. This is what our business department will do too.
      2. That URL is being stored into our environment (at the moment into a global variable, later on in a database)
      3. Whenever a new user reach the 'Contract' page, I generate a custom URL using the API personalizeUrlWidget. That API will return a documentKey too that I'll store away in a table of "pending_registrations"
      4. The process go ahead through the embedded contract.

In the backend a service will run and using a table pending_registrations documentKeys will pool the status of those documents.

Now what I'm getting is not what I'm expecting.

What I would like to have is a list of events so I could check if a document has been signed and update some other fields in the system.

How can I achieve that? Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I can't find somewhere to read about the correct process to follow.