2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 10:11 AM by Szalam

After Effects CC -Geforce GTX 980 Ti support?

Tomasz Rożyński

Hi all!

I have problem with my Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp! in newest version AE CC. I using raytracer 3d but renderer not use my gfx card. I also have newest drivers and add my card to supported cards txt trick..

I also installed CUDA tools and others..

Why are avaible softwares like free blender, daz3d and more complicated like 3dsmax work excellent and AE dont ?

I waiting every month and checking supported cards and nothing!!!

Please tell me why? Maybe i do something wrong.. i seeking for information

Simply 2d project with motion blurs render on i7-3770k, ssd, 32gb and gtx 980ti about 5 hours!!!

Adobe Flash (sorry adobe Animate CC) will be faster than AE

Please help!

Greetz

Tom

• 1. Re: After Effects CC -Geforce GTX 980 Ti support?
          Gutter-Fish Level 4

You're using a dead feature is all.  AE is now integrated and comes with C4D so there's not much reason to be using the raytrace 3D that I know of.  BTW just because it says the card isn't supported doesn't necessarily mean you cannot use the feature. Just dismiss the warning and try it.  Usually official GPU support for any program just means the card has been tested with the software, not that you can't use it.

Also you're wasting your time checking every month to see if it's supported as Adobe is no longer developing Raytrace 3D...havent been for the last few versions.

Not sure why your renders are taking so long...

I have a i7 2600 and can render a 6 minute project with motion blure in about half an hour.

• 2. Re: After Effects CC -Geforce GTX 980 Ti support?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As Gutter-Fish says, you can use "unsupported" cards in AE. And your class of cards was added to be able to accelerate the ray-traced renderer in AE. Don't do the adding cards to the list trick, in fact, reset that back to what it was. Simply tick the "use unsupported cards" checkbox.

As Gutter-Fish also pointed out, the ray-traced renderer is obsolete. http://motionworks.net/after-effects-3d-future/

Use Cinema 4D that comes with After Effects to do 3d work. Getting Started with Cinema 4D Lite and Cineware

Tomasz Rożyński wrote:

Why are avaible softwares like free blender, daz3d and more complicated like 3dsmax work excellent and AE dont ?

Because those are 3d modeling and animating software and After Effects is compositing and motion graphics software. That's like asking why your spoon isn't cutting your steak as well as your knife.