9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2016 11:28 AM by ssprengel

Tethering D750 in Windows10

gregorz24680454

Hallo! Lightroom cc erkennt die Thetering-unterstützte Kamera Nikon D750 in Windows 10 nicht beim Tethering, kann aber Bilder von ihr importieren. Woran kann das denn liegen?

Hello! Lightroom cc doesn't find the for tethering supported Nikon D750 camera in tethering modus, but is able to import pictures from the camera. What could be the reason?

Thx!

• 1. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
          gregorz24680454 Level 1

Präziser: Der PC ist ein EeePC mit w10; die D90 wird beim Tethering erkannt.

I'd like to ad that the PC is an EeePC with W10; the Nikon D90 can be detected in Tethering mode.

• 2. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
            TknoGeek

This works for me using LR6.4 on Win10.

Be sure you use the Nikon cable supplied with the camera.

• 3. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
              gregorz24680454 Level 1

First of all, thx a lot for the answer. I'm using lightroom cc, the latest version (5.7.1) and the cable that was in the D750 packing. The strange thing is, that lightroom recognises my older D90, but not my new D750. So it seems to be a up-to-date-problem of nikon or adobe. I found a comment of 11.2015 that claimed that nikon takes a lot of time to fix bug (Lightroom CC tether does not recognize Nikon D750.). On the other side, i read several times that there is no problem with tethering in W10. All in all i read more often that people have problems with w10 and tethering a Nikon D750. :/

• 4. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
                gregorz24680454 Level 1

It seems to be a windows problem with EeePC. Tethering works on my homepc: same lightroom, same windows, same camera. :/ It's the EeePC that causes the problem. -.- I still have no solution.

• 5. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
                  LightRoomy

I also have the same issue (opened a thread for it too).

As it was unclear to me whether this is an issue with Windows or somewhere else, I installed the 30 day trial version from Capture One 9 Pro. This works perfectly with Win 10 and the D750. Only Lightroom makes trouble.

Perhaps it is a good idea for you too to test it with a software other then Lightroom if your Windows installation has an issue with the camera or if this is only Lightroom.

• 6. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
                    gregorz24680454 Level 1

Hey! I bought a used notebook (1 year old). Here all seems to work fine. So only my EeePC has problems to recognise the camera. DSLR Dashboars works, but it is not possible to use a remote control. Older cameras can be identified by lightroom on the EeePC. Lightroom on the new notebook takes a lot of time to show the 14bit image and has no liveview on camera while tethering. All in all i'm still not satisfied. I hope you find a solution for you.

• 7. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

gregorz24680454 wrote:

First of all, thx a lot for the answer. I'm using lightroom cc, the latest version (5.7.1) and the cable that was in the D750 packing. The strange thing is, that lightroom recognises my older D90, but not my new D750. So it seems to be a up-to-date-problem of nikon or adobe. I found a comment of 11.2015 that claimed that nikon takes a lot of time to fix bug (Lightroom CC tether does not recognize Nikon D750.). On the other side, i read several times that there is no problem with tethering in W10. All in all i read more often that people have problems with w10 and tethering a Nikon D750. :/

If you're using Lightroom CC then version 5.7.1 is NOT the current version. You should be using CC 2015.4. Tethered capture for the D750 is not supported in Lightroom 5.7.1. You need to upgrade your software in order to have tethered support.

• 8. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
                        gregorz24680454 Level 1

Right! At the time, when i wrote the text it was the latest version, atm. i'm using 2015.4. CR 9.4. But as lightroom in my my EeePC still doesn't recognise the camera, i think it is a problem with the EeePC drivers.

• 9. Re: Tethering D750 in Windows10
                          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Tethering on El Capitan Mac is not supported except with LR 6.4/2015.4 and above.  Windows shouldn’t have the issue.