4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 3:07 PM by Steve Grisetti

adobe premiere  elements 10

geofft31975615

I have an adobe premiere elements 10 editing package. I find that in the video transitions they go from vertically right to left  ( wipe, cross stretch, cube spin, swing in, swing out, swap )  or left to right ( reverse) How do I make the same transition go horizontally  up and down.  Is there a way . ?  I have been through all the transitions looking. PLEASE HELP   thanks. Regards Geoff Theys

[Asking in the correct forum helps... Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

• 1. Re: adobe premiere  elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can't customize a left/right transition to go up and down.

However, using a grayscale pattern and the Gradient Wipe, you can create transition in any direction or pattern you'd like. All you have to do is provide it an illustration and it will base the shape and direction of its wipe on your illustration, moving from black to white.

I illustrate how to use the Gradient Wipe in my book Amazon, if you're interested.

• 2. Re: adobe premiere  elements 10
            geofft31975615 Level 1

Hi Steve  Thank you fro your reply. I know that you can not customize the wipe ( and there is no set wipe that wipes up and down on this package)  I did try your suggestion but it keep going into a straight cut  so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.   It seems a little odd that there are so many wipes and transitions going left to right but none going up and down.  Where can I find your book ?

thanks again

regards Geoff

• 3. Re: adobe premiere  elements 10
              geofft31975615 Level 1

Hi again Steve, I managed to get the transition to do its thing  but I am looking for a simple "cube spin"  but in a horizontal motion.  Is there a wipe or transition in Elements 10 that will do this? thanks

• 4. Re: adobe premiere  elements 10
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes. The Gradient Wipe.

As I said, you can use any black-to-white pattern for the gradient and the Gradient Wipe will create custom wipe based on it.

To create top-to-bottom wipe, you simply use a gradient grayscale pattern that is black at the top and white at the bottom.

My web site, Muvipix.com, created a tutorial on using the Gradient Wipe and you can see it on YouTube. I also detail how to use it in my books.

Premiere Elements Gradient Wipe Transition - YouTube