7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 4:47 AM by BobLevine

InDesign CC 2015 on OSX "Cannot place this file. No filter found for request operation"

tjBCSISIT

I have a user who is running the most up to date version of InDesign 2015 on the most up to date version of Mac OSX 10.9 who cannot place any files into any InDesign document. The only thing I can tell you that I've recognized so far is that the this problem only arises when attempting to place files from a network share (Windows 2012R2). This is not a permissions issue as these same files can be opened up within any other program, edited, and re-saved without any issue. I've also noticed that it happens with any network-based file (pdf, jpeg, xls, doc, png, txt).

Can someone help me with this problem, please? It has been ongoing for a while, and I am officially out of ideas. The user says she thinks it started around the time she upgraded all her CC programs from 2014 to 2015, though that cannot be confirmed. Is this a common problem? I've seen this error all over your and other design forums, but it was always an older version and on a PC. I tried all the normal troubleshooting already (updated InDesign, cleared preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled inDesign, uninstalled/reinstalled all CC programs).