4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 3:41 AM by jerry010

Two Columns layout don't show up in Epub Export

jerry010

Please help ! I exported my InDesign formatted document as Epub, with Custom TOC in two columns, and another page in my documents in two columns too, but when I exported it  it showed up as single column, please what can I do to make it work in showing up as two columns that I made it to be? Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Two Columns layout don't show up in Epub Export
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Moved to InDesign EPUB forum. Your post has nothing to do with DPS.

What version of InDesign? What version of EPUB? It sounds like you want Fixed Layout, but you might have exported as reflowable.

Finally, how are you viewing the EPUB?

• 2. Re: Two Columns layout don't show up in Epub Export
            jerry010 Level 1

Thanks for replying, I use “InDesign CC 2014 version”, I exported for Epub 2.0.1, and I exported as reflowable, because I intend to use it on amazon Kindle (it recommends reflowable for Kindle) I have used InDesign to format about 250 books, and it works for me well, I never had any difficulties using it, but trying to format my “Custom TOC” for two columns is my first time to do so, just because the toc is too long, it takes up to 3 pages, so I wanted to reduce the length by trying to format in two columns.

When I exported it, it appeared just as well as one column formatted toc there is no any indication that is been formatted in two columns, and I can’t use Article panel for just toc page while my other pages are splited, Please thanks for kindly attention.

• 3. Re: Two Columns layout don't show up in Epub Export
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You may have to deal with multiple pages. There’s a limit to what you can do with columns in a reflowable EPUB.

I suppose you could try a table but I fail to see any benefit in saving one page, especially since the reader could increase the text size and push it to another page anyway.

• 4. Re: Two Columns layout don't show up in Epub Export
                jerry010 Level 1

Well thank you for a kindly attention Bob, I ended up is accepting it as one column layout, to save my time and move on to other things. Thank you.