5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 7:11 AM by Bani Verma

Lightroom CC paid app running as trial

philh24416311 Level 1

I have understood form the information given by Adobe that if you buy lightroom CC you are allowed to download it onto two computers, in my case it would be the one at work and the one at home. I was successful at downloading the one at work, but when I tried at home the only thing I could download was a free version for 30 days or buy the program again. Has this happened to anyone else, if so how did they cure it I have scrubbed all the downloading and the only lightroom on  the computer is my old 5.7 version.

I would very much appreciate any ideas to solve this. Adobe support seems to be missing when you need them.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC
          Bani Verma Adobe Employee

Hi Phil,

Please refer to the below steps:

If you are using MAC :

1- Force Quit the below processes in the same sequence as mentioned below from Activity Monitor: see, Use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

• Creative Cloud
          • Core sync & Core sync Helper
          • CC library & CCX processes
          • Adobe Desktop Common
          • Adobe Update daemon
          • After this anything that says adobe on it do a force quit for it

2- Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option. You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library ( It will open User Library folder. )

3- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder and AAM Updater folder

4- Turn OFF any security software installed along with system Firewall.

5- Go to : Apple Icon > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > " Allow apps downloaded from " change this to ANYWHERE ( To make these changes click on the Padlock in the left bottom corner of this window and enter your computer password )

****These changes are temporary you can revert these changes back to normal once your Creative Cloud app is up and running ****

6- Download and install Creative Cloud app again and sign in - Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

If you are using WINDOW:

1- End Process/ Task from Task Manager in the same sequence as mentioned below from task manager. see, Open Task Manager

• Creative Cloud
          • Core sync & Core sync Helper
          • CC library & CCX processes
          • Adobe Desktop Common
          • Adobe Update daemon
          • After this anything that says adobe on it do a force quit for it

2- C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\ AAM UPDATER  and OOBE both ( App data & Program Data is hidden folder please see, Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8.x, 10, or Vista  )

3- Turn OFF any security software installed along with system Firewall, also if your have any browser Add On installed for advertisement blocking turn that Off too.

****These changes are temporary you can revert these changes back to normal once your Creative Cloud app is up and running ****

4- Download and install Creative Cloud app again and sign in - Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Bani Saini

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom CC
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is your computer at home a 32 bit system? That could be the reason only v5.7 is available.

LR6.4 & LR CC2015.4 require 64 bit architecture.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Lightroom CC
              philh24416311 Level 1

No it is a 64 bit system

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC
                philh24416311 Level 1

Many thanks, will try it tomorrow when I get home

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC
                  Bani Verma Adobe Employee

You're welcome

Sure please do let us know when your issue is resolved.