2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 5:33 AM by TheJax2010

Using an IMage as a Fill Color for a Font

TheJax2010 Level 1

Is it possible to take an image and use it as a color to for a font?  I am not referring to taking a part of the image or extracting a color from the image, I am saying use the image as the color so that (for example) if the image has a flower and a person in it, you could see a part of the flower in a part of the font and the person in another part of the font.

Hope that makes sense..I've been up for 18 hours...Thanks!

• 1. Re: Using an IMage as a Fill Color for a Font
          Herbert2001 Level 4

Various methods are possible.

1) select the text object, click the fill colour, choose the fourth button at the bottom "pattern fill". Then open the dropdown at the top, and select "Other" (last one in the list). This opens a file dialog. Select the image you wish to use as a fill. In the view you may then adjust the pattern fill.

2) import an image. Cut the image. Select the text object. Edit-->Paste Inside. To transform the image independently from the text (or vice versa) unlock the chain symbol between the mask and the image in the layer panel.

3) import an image. Cut the text object. Select the image. Edit-->Paste as Mask. To transform the image independently from the text (or vice versa) unlock the chain symbol between the mask and the image in the layer panel.

Take your pick :-) If you require a youtube video tutorial, just Google "create image inside text fireworks" or "mask image with text in Fireworks" .