3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 2:37 PM by IsakTen

Unable to use signature I created several years ago.  Certificate says it expired 2/14/16.  I upgraded to IE 11 2/13/16, not sure if that is the issue.  Cannot create new signature since it continues to go back to my old signature.  How can I fix?  Several documents I need to sign and send.

• 1. Re: Signature
          IsakTen Level 4

Had you procured your signing certificate from a Certificate Authority (CA) or created a self-signed certificate. In either case signing certificates have an expiration date after which they cannot be used. Some CAs issue certificates that are good for a year or two. If you procured your signing certificate from a CA you need to get a new one from them. Self-signed signing certificates that you create in Acrobat are good for 5 years. If this is how you got yours you need to create a new one yourself.

• 2. Re: Signature
            lanny.apple Level 1

Have tried to create a new signature, but Acrobat continues to go to old certificate.

• 3. Re: Signature
              IsakTen Level 4

In the "Sign" dialog click on the "Sign As" field (not the words) where the certificate is displayed, and you'll get a drop-down list which should contain your new certificate. Select it for signing and it should appear by the default the next time you sign.