3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 9:47 AM by JimHess

LR desktop only - Do not want anything CC

dougs97009190

HI,

I have been a LR user since v2.0.  50% of my time I am in the bush with satellite only service.  My bandwidth is limited.  I am feed up with updates to my product that will not finish without wanting to install a bunch of options for a product I don't want! 

Is there a sub community dedicated to non cloud LR?  Am I the only one who thinks this is a preditory practice that governmentws should investigate?

Thanks in advance.  One very dissatisfied LR desktop customer.

• 1. Re: LR desktop only - Do not want anything CC
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi Doug,

If you want to install only the updates for Lightroom, you may install it from the following link : Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: LR desktop only - Do not want anything CC
            dj_paige Level 9

Many of us in this forum use the stand-alone version of Lightroom 6. There are no specific forums for Lightroom 6.

I never see updates that install products I don't want, so I do not understand your comment.

• 3. Re: LR desktop only - Do not want anything CC
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Even if you purchase Lightroom 6 (the standalone version) there will be occasional updates that are only accessible by downloading. I believe the reason there isn't a separate forum for the standalone version is because it is essentially the same program. It just doesn't have some of the features included. The standalone version is installed the same way the creative cloud version is installed. The program is installed locally on your computer. Updates are provided via the cloud.

It seems to me that many users have the wrong concept about what the creative cloud really is. It is simply a delivery system and a method to help ensure that your account is paid current. All software is installed locally on the computer. Updates are delivered precisely the same way for the creative cloud subscribers as they are for the standalone purchasers. Creative cloud users receive more frequent feature updates and have access to Lightroom Mobile. But other than that, running the creative cloud version and the standalone version is exactly the same.