• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem displaying WebHelp built from RoboHelp HTML Editiion

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project I want to transition out of RoboHelp for Word but when I build the files in RoboHTML in my extremely locked down environment (I work on a secure network) I get errors when I try to display the WebHelp that does not occur with my RoboHelp for Word build.

The errors appear to relate to pathing problems for the Contents, Index, and Find. All three selections give me Line 728, Char 3, Error Object Expected, Code 0, URL ends in whtdhtml.htm. As I click on other items in the Contents I get the same error. I get the same error when I try to open a book. After a book opens the TOC freezes after getting Error:84 Unspecified Error. I cannot close any books after getting the Error: 84. Clicking on a page displays the page fine.

Nothing displays in the Index. Typing in the Index text box gives me Line 1096, Char 3, Error faFakes[…].nB’ is null or not an object, Code 0, URL ends in whibody.htm. If I come back to to the Index after clicking elsewhere, nothing still displays but I do not get the error, however, I still cannot find anything.

When I type something in Search, it appears to return results normally, but when I try to access a result I get Line 619, Char 2, Object Expected, Code 0, URL of the file I am trying to access.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It has to be in my locked down XP setup that affects the build from RoboHTML, possibly screwing up the XML files or if something is actually written into the JS files, messing with them. Someone suggested our environment may have put something in an unfamiliar place and the build gets munged. It has to be the build process since WebHelp works fine when created from RoboHelp for Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening one of the supplied sample projects and see what happens with that. Post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error messages with the two RoboHelp sample projects, so it is not related to my project per se.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I went back an reinstalled with updates 7.01 and 7.02 and the problem appears to be fixed. I note appears because nothing is certain here. I will let you know if anything changes.

Thank you for your assistance. I have spent hours and hours and hours on this trying to workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Check with IT. If you are using RH6 or lower, then they must be installed with and run with your login and that must have admin rights attached. If you are using RH7, an administrator can install it and you don't need admin rights to use it.

See Installing RH on my site.

That seems the most likely cause given that this occurs with the sample projects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp