2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 10:35 PM by MobileDeveloperCK

i have Acrobat Pro DC subscription but it is not letting me edit a pdf?

toddb52522515

i have Acrobat Pro DC subscription but it is not letting me edit a pdf?

• 1. Re: i have Acrobat Pro DC subscription but it is not letting me edit a pdf?
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi toddb52522515,

What is the dot version of Acrobat Pro Dc and OS installed on your device?

You can only edit PDF using Acrobat Pro DC application not Acrobat Reader DC application. Reader is a different application.

Make sure you sign in with your Adobe ID in Acrobat Pro DC application in order to edit PDF.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 2. Re: i have Acrobat Pro DC subscription but it is not letting me edit a pdf?
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi toddb52522515,

I am assuming that you are using Acrobat Reader for iOS/Android/Windows Phone, because you posted your question to the Acrobat Reader mobile forum.  If that's not the case, please let us know.

With the Acrobat Pro DC subscription, you can use the 'Edit PDF' feature to edit text in a PDF document on a mobile device, if the following conditions are met.

• Your PDF document allows editing.  (Some PDF documents may not allow editing due to document permissions or encryption.)
            • You are signed in with the Adobe ID that you have used to purchase the Acrobat Pro DC subscription.
            • You are using Acrobat Reader for iOS on an iPad.  (The 'Edit PDF' feature is not supported on an iPhone.  In addition, please note that Acrobat Reader for Android version 15.3.1 or older has not supported the 'Edit PDF' feature yet.)

Does the information above explain why you are unable to edit a PDF document?

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you!