7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 10:11 AM by Steve Grisetti

Add my music

stickxmark1

I have tried everything to add either my mp3 or wave file to my existing video but it will not let me drag or add it. I've tried add media then my files, go to my audio file and drag it or open it, when i do this it wants me to open a video of clip, can't figure this one out.

I am using win 10

Version 2012

Any suggestions would keep me from going Bald!

Thanks,

Doc Doyle

• 1. Re: Add my music
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of Premiere Elements?

• 2. Re: Add my music
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, please describe the steps you're using to add your music.

Remember that, in a video editor, you do not add media files by using File/Open. You import media files into a video project. How exactly you do that, as Bob points out, depends on which version of the program you're using.

Also note that you must have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer, per the program's requirements.

• 3. Re: Add my music
              stickxmark1 Level 1

Version 12

• 4. Re: Add my music
                stickxmark1 Level 1

I have tried going to add media then to my files then I found my mp3 file

that I wanted to add I tried dragging it it would not drag to the audio

section of my editing. The second way was to add media and when I did that

I went to my files and try to add it directly, I came up with a narrative

box for me to add video or a picture clip, all these I did in the expert

mode only.

• 5. Re: Add my music

In version 12, you use Add Media/From Files and Folders.

Ideally you should be using WAV files, and you should ensure that these files are not copy protected (as music downloaded from iTunes often is).

• 6. Re: Add my music
                    stickxmark1 Level 1

I tried using the Add media files and folders and it will not let me add

the audio it will let me add video but no audio. I open the dialog box and

add media then I open files and folders I find my way file and when I try

to open it it doesn't open, and or when I try to drag the file down to the

audio 1 track it will not do it it shows a no sign. I have a copy of the

audio in mp3 and wav neither one will work.

• 7. Re: Add my music

I have no idea why a WAV file would be rejected.

But if you'd like, you can Dropbox.com the file to me (my first name at muvipix dot com) and I'll be glad to see if I can get it to load into one of my projects.

And if it doesn't, I'll see if I can figure out why.