3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 10:18 AM by Steve Grisetti

Drag and drop music and effects does not work

christianl63187323

I have edited .mov video clips and wanted

1) to transform a clip into black-and-white

2) add music from the on-line location (download worked but as put I do not know where)

in both cases I could not drag and drop the effets / music clip to the time line. What's wrong

• 1. Re: Drag and drop music and effects does not work
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Usually it's best to keep it simple and ask one question per thread. It's also helpful to know which version of the program you're using and on what operating system. We're assuming you've also installed Quicktime, per the program's requirements.

But that said:

1) To Transform a clip to Black & White, select the clip on your timeline and drag the Black & White effect from the Image Control category on the Effects panel onto your clip.

2) I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to add music from an on-line location. The music files must be on your hard drive, ideally in the WAV format, and they can't be copy protected, as most iTunes music is.

What model of camcorder is your MOV coming from and what resolution is it?

Where is your music coming from? Have you been able to use Add Media/From Files and Folders to add the music on your hard drive to your project?

• 2. Re: Drag and drop music and effects does not work
            christianl63187323 Level 1

Thanks Steve - the problem is, that the drag-drop function does NOT work on my project. Neither the effects, titles NOR the music from the music function provided by Adobe Premier. I have internet connection. So I do not know WHY drag-drop does not work - I could not find any answers in tutorials. There all works fine.

The MOV file comes from the shop converting my old Super-8 movies. The PC runs on WIN10 - there is ample disk space and lots of RAM.

Christian

• 3. Re: Drag and drop music and effects does not work
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Open your MOV in the free download Media Info and post to this forum the resolution, frame rate and audio and video codecs it lists.

I've never heard of your issue on a Windows computer. I don't think we've established that you're using version 14 but, if so, it might be worth contacting Adobe Tech Support. They might be able to walk you through troubleshooting.

I'd usually assume this had something to do with the file format -- but you're having the same problem with an MOV and a WAV file. And, from your response, it appears you're not having a problem adding these files to your project or your timeline. Just adding effects to them on your timeline.

So this may be a deeper issue than we can get to on this forum.