1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 1:45 PM by Rick Gerard

Animated Logo

Vavylona Entertainment Level 1

Hello my friends. Im new to After Effects and i want to create an animated logo. So we havea video of 3 persons walking towards camera. I want to make the persons solid black figures and everything else white. Also i want this video as a texture for a font. Can you help?

• 1. Re: Animated Logo
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to start with the basics and then add rotoscope (Roto brush) or keying, if your footage is shot against a green screen, and then learn about track mattes  and layering.

Successful completion of your project depends entirely on how carefully you shoot the original footage of the people walking towards the camera. You cannot just grab the camera and pointed at three people walking down the street and expect to get anything that will be easy to work with or give you a professional looking results.

To learn about AE  just type something like getting started in the search help field at the top right corner of the app and check out the community resources. You can also go to the After Effects homepage and take a look at the excellent getting started training right there on the landing page. Then when you want to learn about Roto brush, just type that in the search help field.

Video effects, visual effects software | Adobe After Effects