1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 4:16 AM by Akash Sharma

Want happens to a standalone license after you purchase/cancel creative cloud?

E__P

I have a Lightroom 6 standalone license and I'm now interested in purchasing a creative cloud plan. Because Lightroom is included in the CC plan I'm guessing that Lightroom will be updated via CC and no longer my standalone license.

But what if I cancel my CC plan in the future? Will I be able to go back to using my standalone license?

Do I need to uninstall the CC version and reinstall the standalone license?

Thank you for your help!

• 1. Re: Want happens to a standalone license after you purchase/cancel creative cloud?
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi e__p,

I have a Lightroom 6 standalone license and I'm now interested in purchasing a creative cloud plan. Because Lightroom is included in the CC plan I'm guessing that Lightroom will be updated via CC and no longer my standalone license.

But what if I cancel my CC plan in the future? Will I be able to go back to using my standalone license?

Your Standalone version of Lightroom will not be affected if you cancel the CC membership in future.

Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are almost similar products but have different licensing system.

Do I need to uninstall the CC version and reinstall the standalone license?

Simply sign out of Lightroom CCfrom Help>>Sign out

Then sign back in,It should say your CC membership is expired/Invalid.Follow the instructions mentioned in How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6 to serialize Lightroom 6.

Regards,

Akash