1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 4:42 PM by soundman1963

InDesign CC 2015 make full length vertical border on left and right of epub

soundman1963 Level 1

hello,

I'm working on a flowable epub 3.0 and I have to make vertical borders on the left and right side of the text. I created two object styles - one for the left and one for the right border. These are InDesign vector shapes so I set up the style export options to rasterize each one and float left (or right) accordingly. Both use custom anchoring to an empty paragraph containing a non-breaking space at the top of the document, set with auto-leading.The problem is the ePUB only honors the float property based on where the shape is anchored. How can I get each border to sit on the left and right and still run the full vertical length of the viewing area? I realize I could remove the shapes and put in a single colored stroke on the text frame, but this will put borders on the top and bottom as well as the sides. I would then have to crack open the ePUB and modify the CSS to limit the borders to the left and right. I'm trying to avoid cracking it open, but I will if there's no other option. Below is a screenshot of what it looks like in InD and the other is a preview in Digital Editions (double-page view).

Indesign Preview.jpgAdobe Digital Editions 4.5 Preview.jpg