5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 8:14 AM by skorg264

selecting multiple images

skorg264 Level 1

How do I select multiple images for import? Using shift or command key does not work. I have LR CC version 2015.4

• 1. Re: selecting multiple images
          dj_paige Level 9

Those work for me. What happens when you try?

• 2. Re: selecting multiple images
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you are in the LR Import dialog all you have to do is click the Check Box in the upper left hand corner of the image. That will either select or De-Select the check box for importing.

And if i'm not mistaken using the arrow keys to run through the images displayed in the import dialog window hitting the space bar will either put a check mark in images that don't already have a check mark or remove the check mark from images that do have that box checked.

If you are using the File Manager for your OS to select images to then Drag to LR then standard Windows or Mac keyboard keys work the same way. Select top image, hold the shift key down and select the last image to select them all. Select the first image you want to select, hold down the Ctrl key and pick and chose random images to select just them.

• 3. Re: selecting multiple images
              Hal P Anderson Level 6

You can select a group of images using the usual combination of shift-clicks and ctrl-clicks. Once they are selected, clicking on the box in the upper left corner of one of them will apply the checkmark to all of the selected pictures.

Hal

• 4. Re: selecting multiple images
                skorg264 Level 1

I'll have to try the arrow keys process of selecting/deselecting. Did not know that. I do know how to check/uncheck as a whole. I'm just trying to figure out why I can't check a box, hold down shift or command key and select more that way. However, I believe Hal Anderson has answered that. Thanks for your help

• 5. Re: selecting multiple images
                  skorg264 Level 1

Thanks Hal. I should have known better to select first then choose the check box. Thanks again.