7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 6:53 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site

mitch811 Level 1

Greetings all.  Ever since I upgraded Windows to Windows 10, whenever I go to publish a video to any social media site, especially Facebook or YouTube, Elements 13 stops working and I have to shut it down.  I can save in another format and then upload the video through YouTube or facebook, but whenever I do it through Premier Elements 13, the program stops working.  I have tried turning off Defender and Firewall (don't have any other virus protection installed), refreshing the "Preferences-Web sharing", reinstalling and none of this helps.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mitch

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you installed or reinstalled the program since installing Windows 10?

What processor are you using and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive? What antivirus program are you using?

Have you gone to the program's Preferences and refreshed Web Sharing?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Are you able output a video using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset?

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site
            mitch811 Level 1

Hi Steve.  All questions I have read before and tried, but I will answer:

Have you installed or reinstalled the program since installing Windows 10?

YES, twice and today was the second time.  Completed full uninstall, registry cleaned and new install.

What processor are you using and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive? What antivirus program are you using?

Intel Core i7 - 4790K @ 4.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB free space

Windows defender.  Disabled during install and when using APE13.1

Have you gone to the program's Preferences and refreshed Web Sharing?

YES

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Different.  iPhone video, GoPro hero4 Black (tried all settings but mainly use 1080 29.7fps)  and Nikon D7100. (numerous formats all don't work)  None work

Are you able output a video using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset?

No. Not with Facebook or YouTube.  I can save to computer is all I can do and then log on to either facebook or youtube and upload.  I can save to computer using AVCHD with youtube present to computer.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site

Thanks, Mitch. Good answers, and you're clearly in great shape.

However, I think you misunderstood the last question.

I'm asking if you can just output and MP4 file to your computer, using the settings I suggested above. Don't worry about uploading for now. I just want to make sure the program can transcode your file.

BTW, how long are your videos? As I'm sure you know, you can't upload a video longer than 10 minutes directly from the program.

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site
                mitch811 Level 1

Hi Steve.  Yes, I have no problems outputting to my computer with all of the settings, including the one you suggested,AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset.

For info, I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit.  Video card is a GeForce GTX 980 4GB

Videos that I want to, and used to post are no more than 3 minutes in length but I have been testing to try to get even a 30 second video out direct to facebook or youtube through the built in Web sharing of APR13 but no go.  I used to "get media" 4K files from the goprop and post to facebook and youtube at a lower preset and had no issues before Windows 10 came along.

Mitch

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site

Well, at least you have a workaround now. You can output your movies at MP4s and then upload them to the sites using your web browser.

I know you want to be able to load them directly from the program. But I'm not sure what to do about that. Something is bugging up something. But, aside from updating the Web Services in the Preferences, I don't know what else to recommend.

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site
                    Tibber55

I just did the upgrade on my already installed Windows 10 and my Premiere Elements 13 also crashes when I go to publish to youtube.  It is my understanding that this issue is unresolved?

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Crashes when publish/share video to any social media site

It's unlikely YouTube will revert to its earlier settings in order to repair its interface with version 13.

In the meantime, the workaround still works very well.