3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 1:36 PM by Just Shoot Me

Lightroom + CC   uninstall pse10 and 13

Archibald the Grim Level 1

I don't use pse13 much other than things I think I can do on lightroom.

If I pay the monthly subscription for lightroom I believe I also get ps cc.

If so, should I uninstall pse10, pse13 (I was advised to keep pse10 for some reason) and Elements organiser?

• 1. Re: Lightroom + CC   uninstall pse10 and 13
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you sign up for the Photographers subscription plan that included LR CC and PS CC you don't need any part of the Photoshop Elements program from any version of that program. Especially you don't need and shouldn't use the PSE organizer now that you have LR.

LR is your organizer and Non-Destructive image editor and PS is your major editor for more manipulations of images.

So yes you can remove them or keep them. That is up to you.

• 2. Re: Lightroom + CC   uninstall pse10 and 13
            Archibald the Grim Level 1

Part 1 of 2 done - thanks very much

Now....part 2....

I can't find anything to help with uninstalling Elements Organiser. Indeed  some of the posts I've read said it's stuck with me.

Perhaps you have the answer?

Having uninstalled pse10 and pse13 I clicked on the Organiser icon which, as anticipated, said it could be opened.

• 3. Re: Lightroom + CC   uninstall pse10 and 13
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

AFAIK the Organizer in PSE is part of the program and can't be removed by itself. It is removed when you remove PS Elements. But then I've never used PSE.

If you want to keep one of the versions of PSE, I can't think of any good reason why you would, just don't use the organizer feature. That is what LR if for.

But if it were me I'd uninstall both versions of PSE. Not sure why someone recommended keeping the older PSE 10.

You now have LR, Library module (Organizer), the Develop module (Adobe Camera RAW) for non destructive editing and the Full Blown Photoshop program. No need for PSE at all.