3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2008 8:36 AM by Newsgroup_User

Building an LMS With Flex

tjroberts Level 1
      Has anyone here attempted (and even succeeded) to build an LMS with Flex? If so, are there any published resources or guides or hints anyone can provide?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Building an LMS With Flex
          Level 7

"tjroberts" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gi3o6c$5n5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Has anyone here attempted (and even succeeded) to build an LMS with Flex?
          > If so, are there any published resources or guides or hints anyone can
          > provide?

If you want a standards-compliant LMS, the important parts are the database
          and the middleware, which Flex wouldn't help you with. Flex also couldn't,
          for example. display a powerpoint, html page, or pdf in a way that would be
          standards-compliant.. You might be able to put a flex interface on the
          admin side You could also build a more limited LMS for displaying swf only
          content, but even then you'd need to enforce communication protocols on AVM2
          swf content providers that normal LMS's don't. I've built limited LMS's in
          the past, so if you wanted to contact me offline for further details, my
          address is amy at magnoliamultimedia dot com.

• 2. Re: Building an LMS With Flex
            tjroberts Level 1
            Thanks, Amy. I kind of figured it was shot in the dark, but I had to ask.
            • 3. Re: Building an LMS With Flex
              Level 7

"tjroberts" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gjdg7i$g0r$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks, Amy. I kind of figured it was shot in the dark, but I had to ask.

You're welcome :-)