5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 9:45 AM by Colin Holgate

Print Animate documents.

toymaker1 Level 1

Hello.

Can anyone tell me how to print Animate documents? There doesn't see, to be a 'Print' tab under the 'File' menu in Animate. I am using iMac osx 10.11.2.

Thanks for advice.

• 1. Re: Print Animate documents.
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

it doesn't really make sense to print a fla.  your fla is not a display object.

what is that you want to print?

• 2. Re: Print Animate documents.
            toymaker1 Level 1

Thanks for your response.

I think it can be a very useful facility. You might wish to print out an individual frame, to mount it as an artwork, or to check specific features to see if it is what you want, or expected, or to show to someone, or to make it into a postcard, or other saleable image.

It seems that this facility used to exist, but, for some reason, was deprecated with Flash Professional CC.

In 'Adobe Animate Help/Work with Animate documents in Animate' PDF it says:

'When printing frames from a Animate document, use the Print dialog box to specify the range of scenes or frames to print'

- so it clearly used to be possible to print images from Flash/Animate. I think it would still be useful. I dont know why Adobe withdrew the printing facility.

• 3. Re: Print Animate documents.
              Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The article that shows how to print from Animate mentions that the feature was deprecated in the CC version, but that does imply that it is being promoted as a returned feature to Animate.

I'll check with the Animate team about that. Meanwhile, you can export an image sequence, and print the PNGs you get.

• 4. Re: Print Animate documents.
                toymaker1 Level 1

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Print Animate documents.
                  Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I heard back. The instructions for printing are for the benefit of older versions. Any feature in the docs, that says it was deprecated in CC, has not returned.