3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2006 10:59 PM by lordali

Basic Question to clear my COnfusion please

lordali
      Hi,

I am ASP.NET Developer and working on it for a long time. I have 2 questions that I need little feedback with.

1- Do we have all the functionality of Flash MX 2004 like developing tile based Games etc in FLex 2?

2- This is important.

I am looking forward to work on project and for that I need right technology. Project is

I want to educate people from my website. I will upload material where each user can read the material word by word (as book) and they can listen to pronounceation to know how it should sound like and if they click on word that it should sound to know how to read it. Basically project about learning language.

Do you think its can be achieved by Flex 2 (as bounded to database) or with Flash MX 2004? if not with both than I will look for another language.

Any one got any idea?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Basic Question to clear my COnfusion please
          Level 7
          Flex and Flash are well suited to game development and for Rich Internet
          Applications (like the language learning application you mentioned).

For game development, it is fairly simple to create graphical content using
          Flash MX 2004 and then importing the resulting swf into your Flex
          application. In addition, you can also use Flex to generate Actionscript
          only applications, which don't use the Flex framework.

For your education website, Flex supports a subset of html text rendering,
          has a rich mouse event system and can easily stream and play MP3s.

For more information on what Flex can do, check out our developer center:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/getting_started.html

--
          Jason Szeto
          Adobe Flex SDK Developer

"lordali" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e4c9th$74a$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am ASP.NET Developer and working on it for a long time. I have 2
          > questions
          > that I need little feedback with.
          >
          > 1- Do we have all the functionality of Flash MX 2004 like developing tile
          > based Games etc in FLex 2?
          >
          > 2- This is important.
          >
          > I am looking forward to work on project and for that I need right
          > technology. Project is
          >
          > I want to educate people from my website. I will upload material where
          > each
          > user can read the material word by word (as book) and they can listen to
          > pronounceation to know how it should sound like and if they click on word
          > that
          > it should sound to know how to read it. Basically project about learning
          > language.
          >
          > Do you think its can be achieved by Flex 2 (as bounded to database) or
          > with
          > Flash MX 2004? if not with both than I will look for another language.
          >
          > Any one got any idea?
          >
          > Thanks
          >

• 2. Re: Basic Question to clear my COnfusion please
            lordali Level 1
            Hi Jason Szeto,

Thanks for the feedback. Its really helpful. I need to ask 2 more things in relation to what I asked last time.

1- You are right its rather easy to make Game in Flash MX 2004. I was wondering. if

The Game is using alot of ActionScript and can I code the ActionScript in Flex and design in MX2004. I was wondering if there is any way to keep the code safe even from the hosting company where Game is hosted? Like can I compile it in some form of (like DLL) or something where no one can see the code and SWF read from it like in Actionscript file?

Do we have tilme line in Flex and features that can be used to develop Game? I will install beta soon and work on it because I feel that Flex is good choice for education project.

Could you tell me about Game development and I use Flex as dont want to work on Flash MX . I want to learn one software rather than 2.

Thanks alot
            • 3. Re: Basic Question to clear my COnfusion please
              lordali Level 1
              Any one help pleaseeeee