5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 10:32 PM by zeeshan hussain

Editing imported videos

rintveld

What type of video files can I import, can I edit directly into the imported file, can I insert additional imported video into the original import?

• 1. Re: Editing imported videos
          zeeshan hussain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please refer to this link- Presenter Help | Importing SWF files and video files

Also for advanced Video creation and editing, you can try Adobe Presenter Video Express 11

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

• 2. Re: Editing imported videos
            rintveld Level 1

Thank you. More specifically, I have a large PowerPoint presentation that I will be providing narration for and publishing. It will also have video clips. I see how to embed external clips and provide audio to the slides. When I bring these slides over to video express, I do not see the audio I already provided. Do I have to use video express entirely over the course of the PowerPoint or can I add the features of video express to different individual slides within the already narrated presentation?

• 3. Re: Editing imported videos

Hi,

Allow me to explain it in more easier terms, hoping it would help you.

Actually, Presenter Video Express is a video creation tool using which you can record anything running on your desktop ,simultaneously recording yourself and explaining the task you are doing on your computer screen.

Now you have the option to just keep only yourself in that video or only the screen with your voice narrating the process or both of them at the same time.

You have various privileges to enhance your video by customising your background, adding annotations, importing external videos, quiz and various other features which the application offers.

Now what you are trying to achieve is not exactly clear but I will try to explain as per what I understand.

It seems you have made a presentation with multiple slides. You can insert video clips on your slides and edit them as well, as explained in the link I provided earlier in this discussion.

You are also aware about the feature of narrating audio over the content of your slides.

Now, when you launch Presenter Video Express from your Presenter project, it launches the Presenter Video Express application, which allows you to create a video which is independent and standalone.

While you are recording your screen using Presenter Video Express, I believe you are recording your Project on Power Point application and expecting that for every slide you switch to, it would play the audio/narration already associated with the slide.

But it does not, because for Presenter you are still in Project creation/edit mode. Presenter still behaves in the same manner whether or not you are recording using Presenter Video Express. (Hope this makes it clear)

Now if you want to create a video which summarises your whole presentation, you can publish your Presenter project, play it and while the output is playing, record it using Presenter Video Express.

Also if you want, you can utilise Presenter Video Express for individual slides as well. You can create multiple videos using Presenter Video Express for each slide recording yourself, explaining the content of the slide (narrating)
              and then importing those videos into the respective slides as a Slide video or a Sidebar video (Better option).

Please mark this answer as correct if it helps you. Let me know if you need any further assistance or have any other queries.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

• 4. Re: Editing imported videos
                rintveld Level 1

Thank you. So If I understand you correctly, I can either create the presentation from scratch using video express, provide the narration and insert the side video as needed through the editing process or I can narrate the powerpoint presentation, publish it, and play it in video express where I can edit in some side bar video as a needed? Thanks, this is helpful. You are saving my business!

• 5. Re: Editing imported videos

Hi,

Seems like you got the idea of what I explained.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain