2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 8:33 AM by Ann Bens

Premier Elements 14 locks up copying DVD

GeorgeNKing

I had been using Premier 12 and earlier version for several years.  I'm a very simple user.  I record church services to DVD, which we then have broadcast on local TV.  My edits are simply removing portions to bring the total time down to the 60 minutes of air time we are given.

I bought a new laptop recently (Lenovo Thinkpad W541, running Windows 10).  I also bought Premier Elements 14 for the new computer.  Now every time I "Add Media" from the DVD I recorded, it copies 2 of the 4 'VOC' files, then locks up.  I have to forcefully stop Premier Elements and manually copy the 4 'VOC' files to the computer.  Then I can drag those files to Premier Elements and everything else works OK.

Why is Premier Elements 14 locking up when "Adding Media" from a DVD?

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 14 locks up copying DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What processor are you running and with how much RAM? How much free, clean (run  Disk Cleanup), defragmented (run Disk Defragmenter) space is on your hard drive? What you're reporting seems to indicate a lack of clear, defragmented space.

The best way to add video from a DVD is to put the finalized disc into your computer's DVD drive and then use Add Media/From DVD Camera or Computer Drive to rip the files to your computer's hard drive.

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 14 locks up copying DVD
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have to forcefully stop Premier Elements and manually copy the 4 'VOC' files to the computer.  Then I can drag those files to Premier Elements and everything else works OK.

Personally I find this a much better way to do things.

Elements is probably choking on doing two things at once; ripping and importing.