1 person found this helpful
You need to turn off the Graphics Processor from the Lightroom Preferences, however the preferences are not responding within Lightroom you can turn if off outside the Lightroom.
Please Follow the Solution below
- Go To Edit>>Preference>>Performance>>Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" If this does not solves the issue then,
- With Lightroom closed
- Navigate to
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences (Where AppData is a hidden/system folder so you may need to enter the folder name directly into your Explorer address bar or enable hidden/system folders in Explorer folder view options.)
- Open the file LightroomPreferences.agprefs
- Search for the line Use autobahn=True(Press CTRL+F)
- Change it to Use Autobahn=False
Once Done save the File
3. Also refer this link and update Graphics Processor if you use AMD card
Let us know if that helps
Thank you both! Neither worked though, unfortunately. Lightroom still crashes any time I choose preferences.
OH! i found this that you posted to someone with the same problem last year, and it worked!!!! thank you SO MUCH!
- Please go to the Device Manager of Windows, from there expand Display Adapters.
- Disable the graphic card and then open Lightroom , go to the preferences of Lightroom , then the Performance tab and uncheck the option for " Use Graphics Processor " .
- Close Lightroom and go back to the Device Manager and enable the Display Adapter.
- Open Lightroom and then work in Lightroom and check if it works fine.