3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 9:55 AM by Gutter-Fish

lower third trouble

Balkanmaster Level 1

Hi

I've been working with After Effects for a little over 4 months now, and I've learnt the basics!

But still struggling to achieve what I was trying to achieve before

I've found a much more simple video to try and complete it

WHAT I'M TRYING TO ACHIEVE:

-Removing the background

-Having only the FOREGROUND image (Lower Third)

Now the foreground consists of a Animated intro and outro for the lower third, as well as a still image which is the lower third

I'm providing a link to the video

The foreground (lower third) starts at 6 seconds and usally ends around 21 seconds

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AND ARE WILLING TO HELP ME ACHIEVE IT PLEASE GET BACK TO ME

Link to video: MARIA ft. X - STO NYUANSA ROZOVO / Мария ft. X - Сто нюанса розово, slideshow 2015 - YouTube

• 1. Re: lower third trouble
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Why do you want to go to all the trouble of removing the background?  Why don't you just make a new lower-third?  It would be a lot easier.

• 2. Re: lower third trouble
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think you're asking how to remove the lower third from that video. Well the first six seconds of the video do not move so just create a freeze-frame for the first part of the video and lower third will be gone.

If you are talking about videos that have lower thirds and the background is moving then it's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to remove the lower third If there is transparency in the lower third.

If you want to duplicate that lower third for use in other projects just load up the video and use the existing lower third as a guideline.

• 3. Re: lower third trouble
              Gutter-Fish Level 4

There is no foreground & background, it's a flat image/video.  Even if you managed to mask out the "background" it's still visible in the lower third and there is text on the lower third that you also will not be able to remove due to it being a flat image. 

Also this all worthless, wasted advice as you are not showing us the actual video you are trying to work on so it's impossible for anyone to tell you how you might go about it.