2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 10:33 AM by forchid

Default publish dimensions in Flex Builder

forchid
      I'm building an application with a liquid layout, i.e. using percentages for component dimensions.

In order for my stage to be resizable I don't put any values for "width" and "height" properties in the Application tag.

My trouble is that when I run it, the default published window is very small and I have to drag the corner of the window every single time in order to see all of my content at a decent size.

I've tried setting the minWidth and minHeight properties but that seems to affect the stage, not the published window frame.

I couldn't find any publish settings related to this. Is there a solution?

• 1. Re: Default publish dimensions in Flex Builder
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Flex apps are not published. When the Flex SWF is rendered in the browser, several factors come into play.

The browser may be small or large, depending on the browser type, and what the size was the last time you closed it.

The Flex app will use dynamic sizing unless absolute layout is specified, or if specific sizes are specified.

Its hard to say what is happening without knowing a bit more about the containers you are using.

Can you post minimal yet complete code that still exhibits the issue?
          • 2. Re: Default publish dimensions in Flex Builder
            forchid Level 1
            I'll try to clarify. I'm not actually previewing anything in a browser. I'm just running my SWF inside the Flex Builder.
            So my issue is not really so much with the code as with program settings.

In any case, here's how I have it set up:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
            <mx:Application
            xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
            xmlns:custom="components.*"
            layout="horizontal"
            minWidth="1280" minHeight="720"
            paddingBottom="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingRight="10" paddingTop="10" horizontalAlign="left" verticalAlign="top"
            initialize="initApp()">

When I run this in Flex Builder, a Flash player window would pop-up at a default size, which is about 500x400.
            I'd like to know if there's a way to change this default size, so that it's easier to preview while I'm developing?