8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 1:24 PM by Anton_Golovchenko

After Effects 2015 Mask Problem

Anton_Golovchenko

Good day! I have a problem with the masks in the latest version of Program After Effects.

I recorded a video - you could very problem. If you will need any additional information that - I give them to you.

I also tried to install the operating system earlier version, but the problem remained.

• 1. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What GPU do you have?

• 2. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
            Anton_Golovchenko Level 1

GTX 670. Card does not affect the performance of the mask. I tried to disable support for the video card. nothing has changed. The driver has been updated times 10. in any update, nothing changed.

• 4. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm assuming you are talking about the lag. Turn hardware acceleration off. Set the comp to Final Quality.

On some systems the UI is a bit laggy. My MacMini is barely laggy at all with hardware acceleration turned off. My MacPro isn't. It depends entirely on your system. I don't have anything running Windows 10 so I couldn't say for sure. There are some display and performance bugs in CC 2015 still. There are some work arounds.  I wish I could be of more help.

Your screen captures would be a lot more informative with some audio. Your questions would be a lot easier to understand if you told us what you were having a problem with.

• 5. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
                dissidently Level 1

I see the problem. In one version of AE (the first in the first video) when he drags the mask around, it is "live" updating the masking, so he can instantly see the content underneath as he drags the mask around.

In the second version of AE in the same video, when he drags the mask around, only the outline of the mask is dragged, and it is not "live" updating the reveal of content, he has to drop the mask in order to see what's become revealed.

Is there a switch he could have accidentally hit to make this happen? Or is this a change in the newer AE for "performance" reasons?

• 6. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

dissidently wrote:

Is there a switch he could have accidentally hit to make this happen? Or is this a change in the newer AE for "performance" reasons?

I'm not sure. I was wondering about that. My first thought was that it was some kind of bug still around from when they separated the renderer from the UI, but it almost looks like when Live Update is turned off too...

• 7. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
                    dissidently Level 1

At least AE is now consistent with Illustrator and Indesign, which both do this, for reasons unknown. I have to look outside and remind myself we are in the future, not 1995.

• 8. Re: After Effects 2015 Mask Problem
                      Anton_Golovchenko Level 1

Sorry I do not comment on the video, it's because I do not speak English and I can not describe in detail this voice. I'm sorry.

I will try to explain the problem in more detail. I hope translator cope.

My system is not such glory as it may seem:

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i7-4790K

16 RAM
                      Video: Nvidia GTX 670
                      SSD 250 GB

In the first video I first demonstrate AE 2014 - spend operation with masks, and I have no problems. mask rotate, move, etc. as well as about creating a mask by pinching the left mouse button, you can see that the mask reacts and I can stretch the tension of Béziers.

ie as usual.

Then I open the new version of AE 2015, fresh from the manufacturer's website. and when creating the mask Béziers while holding the left mouse button does not want to extend. I do not know why this is happening. I tried to install the operating system earlier version, but the problem remained. masks transformation also occurs. when you try to do it as the cursor is blinking very rapidly. like AE is trying to draw something quickly.

I tried to use the program with different settings. with and without hardware acceleration. came even to insanity, I turned off all the checkboxes in the settings, and then include it. but nothing has changed.

I suspect that there is a bug in the function that appeared in the new version of the program - namely, live editing during video playback.