5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 9:53 AM by Tom Decaux

P2PLocal

shelest_p
      Hi,

Can I create p2p local?

I have to create RTMFP server or i can install local Stratus ?
        • 1. Re: P2PLocal
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee
          Stratus is currently only available in its hosted-by-Adobe form.

-mike

• 2. Re: P2PLocal
            shelest_p Level 1
            So, I can't work with P2P by local ???

Because other server that can works with P2P is Adobe Flash Collaboration Service(COCOMO).

But he doesn't install localy..
            • 3. Re: P2PLocal
              Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee
              perhaps i don't understand exactly what you are asking. RTMFP P2P connections can be made between "local" nodes in most cases, even if the RTMFP server (Stratus or the Flash Collaboration Service servers) is hosted elsewhere (at least for the meaning of "local" that i'm thinking of).

can you elaborate on the use case you're thinking of for which the hosted services won't work?

-mike
              • 4. Re: P2PLocal
                shelest_p Level 1
                I want to know: Is it possible to work with P2P without internet in small local network ?
                In two variants (Stratus or Flash collaboration service) you need make call through internet.

It would be better have local service... maybe FMS ?
                Because i can't have local Stratus or Flash collaboration service...

Or I misunderstand something
                • 5. Re: P2PLocal
                  Tom Decaux
                  Simple: in order to establish the p2p connection, Flash needs to know the other Flash player ID (which is 256bits key), and uses a service (like eMule, u need an external server).
                  For the moment this service is only Stratus, hosted by Adobe (so on Internet) but its in the road map of FMS 4 (so on ur local or internet server)!

Or you can wait for a reverse engineering such as red5...