• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary does not display when accessed from Help button on window

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 9 and creating HTML Help.  When I access the Help system from the Help menu in my application, the glossary displays fine, but when I try to access it by clicking on the Help button on the Window, the glossary is empty.  Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You might check with your developer to see what is different about the calls being made. Sounds like something is possibly amiss in the call?

The Glossary depends on having the file named HHActiveX.dll registered on the operating system being used. I don't recall which version changed things, but somewhere along the way 64 bit operating systems became the norm. And that meant that there are now two different versions of the HHAcitveX.dll file. One is used for 32 bit systems and one for 64 bit systems. So another thing to do is ensure both versions are registered in the operating system.

Additionally, the CHM viewer has two versions. One for 32 bit systems and one for 64 bit systems. It's possible that in one case the 32 bit viewer is being opened and in the other the 64 bit viewer is being opened. And if you don't have the HHActiveX.dll registered for the viewer that is opening, that's an issue.

Lastly, it's possible that you have two different Window definitions in use and one may not have the option for the Glossary enabled. So examine the Window definition and ensure that the Glossary is enabled for the window that is being called.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp