6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 8:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

    Xml content element  problem

    SamMagic
      hello,

      I make a SOAP request using cfhttp and I ‘ve to display the amount I get.
      I get the values using the following code:

      <CFSet xmlDoc = XMLParse(cfhttp.filecontent)>
      <CFDump var="#xmlDoc#">

      but
      #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. Amount#

      returns: 29015

      i can’t divide this value because it ‘s not numeric
      In fact, when I use htmleditformat =>
      #htmleditformat (xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. Amount) #
      it returns
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Amount xmlns=" http://tempuri.org/">29015</ Amount >

      How can I get directly the numerical value 29015 so that I can divide it by 100 and display 290,15

      thank you in advance
        • 1. Re: Xml content element  problem
          Level 7
          SamMagic wrote:
          > hello,
          >
          > I make a SOAP request using cfhttp and I ?ve to display the amount I get.
          > I get the values using the following code:
          >
          > <CFSet xmlDoc = XMLParse(cfhttp.filecontent)>
          > <CFDump var="#xmlDoc#">
          >
          > but
          > #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. Amount#

          You can access the value with XmlValue:

          #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren
          [1].Amount.XmlValue#

          --
          Mack
          • 2. Re: Xml content element  problem
            Level 7
            > #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. Amount#

            I presume this is a node? IN which case you want thr xmlText of the node,
            not the whole thing.

            It might be an idea to review the docs on this, to get a clearer
            understanding of how it works:
            http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/XML_01.html

            --
            Adam
            • 3. Re: Xml content element  problem
              SamMagic Level 1
              Thanks Mack and Adam for replies :-)

              I've already read doc but without success
              i've tried

              #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren
              [1].Amount.XmlValue#

              but it gives me an empty value, nothing to display

              even
              #len(xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren
              [1].Amount.XmlValue)#
              returns 0

              i'm sure that it s something simple to do but what ??

              thanks for your help

              • 4. Re: Xml content element  problem
                Level 7
                > #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren
                > [1].Amount.XmlValue#

                As per my earlier comment:
                >> I presume this is a node?
                >> In which case you want the ***xmlText*** of the node, not the whole thing.

                (note my emphasis)


                > I've already read doc but without success

                I think you need to read them a bit more thoroughly. It's pretty well
                spelled out here:
                http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/XML_08.html#1127795

                (which is the fourth page of the stuff I suggested you reading last time)

                I'm not trying to be "funny", it is worth reading this stuff throughly:
                there's a lot of good info in there.

                Read it, try the code, modify the code and try to predict the results, etc.
                If you don't completely understand something, stick at it until you do.
                Then it'll sink in.


                --
                Adam
                • 5. Re: Xml content element  problem
                  SamMagic Level 1
                  I found it :-)

                  the response was XmlText not XmlValue

                  #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren
                  [1].Amount.XmlText# return the correct value ;-)

                  thanks a lot

                  MAgic


                  • 6. Re: Xml content element  problem
                    Level 7
                    SamMagic wrote:
                    > I found it :-)
                    >
                    > the response was XmlText not XmlValue
                    >
                    > #xmlDoc.XmlRoot.XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren [1]. XmlChildren
                    > [1].Amount.XmlText# return the correct value ;-)

                    Sorry, my mistake. XmlText is correct.

                    --
                    Mack