6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2016 7:56 AM by dj_paige

LR size

donavonj40580591

I am having problems exporting a large size image.  Can you help?

Donavon Johnston

{ Personal Information removed by Staff }

• 1. Re: LR size
          dj_paige Level 9

Explain the problem in detail. Exactly what "large size" image are you trying to get? How large (in pixels, width and height; do not tell me megabytes) is the original photo?

• 2. Re: LR size
            Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi Donavon,

Could you please let me know the version of Lightroom installed on your computer ?

Which operating system are you working on , Windows or MAC ?

Also what is the issue that you are facing while exporting the images.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 3. Re: LR size
              donavonj40580591 Level 1

I use windows, LR 5 that came with Photoshop cc as a package.

I cannot get a larger size when I import and have tried RAW and large jpeg.

Thanks

Donavon Johnston

dfweddingphoto@gmail.com

940-453-5134

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Tanuj Sandal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: LR size
                dj_paige Level 9

You didn't say what you mean by "larger size". although I specifically asked for an explanation.

However, changing the size is not something that happens at Import. It can only be done using the Export command. Again, if you explain what you mean by "larger size", we should be able to help.

• 5. Re: LR size
                  Bob Somrak Level 5

In the export dialog, under file setting choose TIFF or JPG for the Image Format.

Under Image Sizing, set everything as shown below.  You can change the "10000" under Long Edge to any value you want but if it is higher than your original cropped photo dimensions than you are creating pixels.  If the difference is large than the photo may not look very good.  The Resolution can be any value because with these settings it has no purpose.

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 8.47.17 AM.png

• 6. Re: LR size
                    dj_paige Level 9

Bob Somrak wrote:

In the export dialog, under file setting choose TIFF or JPG for the Image Format.

Under Image Sizing, set everything as shown below.  You can change the "12345" under Long Edge to any value you want but if it is higher than your original cropped photo dimensions than you are creating pixels.  If the difference is large than the photo may not look very good.  The Resolution can be any value because with these settings it has no purpose.

If that's what the user wants, that's fine, but we don't know if that's what he wants, he hasn't told us.