8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 2:36 PM by leeb16344079

Lightroom CC

leeb16344079

Hi I have photshop CC but have still been using Lightroom 6 by accident. Does anyone know how I can updat my Lightroom CC catalog to match my Lightroom 6 as I'm getting in a bit of a pickle. Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should be able to install Lightroom from the creative cloud application manager. That's all that should be required. Did you purchase Lightroom 6 before you had your creative cloud subscription?

Actually, all it should be necessary is for you to logout of the creative cloud manager and log back in. It's the same program. It's just controlled by different licensing restrictions.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC
            leeb16344079 Level 1

Hi jim

I installed CC which initially sync my existing Lightroom 6 catalog but recently Ive still be using Lightroom 6 by accident so I don't know how to transfer them over to my CC catalog

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are virtually the same program. The licensing restricts access to some of the features when using Lightroom 6. The catalog works with either version. What is happening that makes you think you are working in Lightroom 6 rather than Lightroom CC? The same catalog works either way. Do you have more than one catalog? Did you purchase Lightroom 6 before you subscribed to the creative cloud? I'm having a difficult time understanding your dilemma.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR 6 and CC are exactly the same program. It is how you Sign In that makes them either one or the other.

You can't have both on your system at the same time. Why because they are the exact the same program.

Open LR and go to the help menu, Sign Out. Then Sign back In with the Adobe ID that is associated with the subscription plan. Then don't ever Sign Out.

Also download and install the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Once you do that make sure you are Signed In in that app with the Adobe ID that is associated with your subscription plan

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Lightroom CC
                  leeb16344079 Level 1

Hi Guys

Apologies its Lightroom 5 but what I'm trying to say is in simple terms is I have more photos in my Lightroom 5 than CC. Is there a simple way to update CC to match my Lightroom 5 catalog so I can then delete Lightroom 5 off my computer

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC

Using Lightroom CC, go to File->open and choose to open your Lightroom 5 catalog. You will be prompted to create an updated copy of the catalog that conforms to the Lightroom CC database configuration. All of the work you have done previously will remain in the new catalog. The old Lightroom 5 catalog will remain intact and usable with Lightroom 5. Then you can decide when/if you want to remove the older version. The new updated catalog will have the same name as the old one, but with an added suffix on the end of the filename.

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC
                      Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Open LR CC and then go to File Open Catalog. Browse to your LR 5 catalog and click OK. LR CC will make a copy of it and convert that copy to a LR CC catalog. All your images should be included.

But I suggest you get rid of the other LR CC catalog and if you had imported images into the original CC catalog you can Merge the catalogs into one, old, original CC catalog into the new one that gets created by opening the LR 5 catalog in LR CC.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Lightroom CC
                        leeb16344079 Level 1

Thanks Guys that has worked. I'll delete Lightroom 5 now so I dont import photos into that catalog again