2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 3:30 PM by Colin Holgate

errors when publishing to iOS

OneSprague

I am trying to make a basic Hello World app using Adobe Animate CC 2015 (or any other flavor of flash for that matter) but i am not able to publish it to my iPad mini.

I may be missing a step in here somewhere – so i will give a rundown of where i’ve been. 

1 - I  have signed up as an apple developer. I have also created both developer and production files for the following:

Certificates – Developer & Production

Exported Certificates – p12 files -  Developer & Production

Application Provisioning file -  Developer & Production

2 – my iPad mini is registered so that i can have it as part of my provisioning file

I followed this video to make the above setup:

Bootcamp: DPS - Setting up an iOS developer account

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-digital-publishing-suite-enterprise-edition/setting-up-an- ios-developer-account/

3 - I have made sure my provision file is placed on my iPad mini.

4 – I have made an empty flash file with Test in text on it, saved it and am now trying to publish it to my iPad, but it gives me this error:

"Steven’s iPad: The device has encountered an unexpected error. Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed"

If i use X Code and try to  load the test.ipa that was generated by flash to my iPad using Device Manager it gives me this error:

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.

The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile. (0xE8008016).

If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be appreciated, or even to a Hello World tutorial that covers all the steps from both sides of the equation.

Thanks,

Steven

My Setup:

Computer: iMac

Xcode: 7.2 (7C68)

iPad: iPad Mini (original):

iOS: 9.2.1

Adobe Animate CC 2015: 15.1.0.210

• 1. Re: errors when publishing to iOS
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

unfortunately that error can be caused by many different problems all involving certificates and profiles which don't lend themselves to forum debugging.  and not always is there a user error, at least, not one i could find.

make sure your provisioning profile and your ios deployment type match.  ie, if you're using a development profile, make sure your deployment is not for the apple app store, and if you're using a deployment profile, make sure your deployment setting is for the apple app store.

if that fails to help, you're probably best served to delete your profiles and recreate one that matches your ios deployment setting in the air for ios settings panel.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: errors when publishing to iOS
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Apple's own certificate expired recently. If you set up your developer account more than a week ago you may be out of date. Go to here:

Apple PKI

and take the download that is marked as expiring in 2023. Or, here's the direct link to the file, when it's downloaded double click it to get it to install into Keychain Access:

WWDR Certificate (Expiring 02/07/23)

You may also need to go into Keychain Access to delete the old one. In there, select Certificates, and in the View menu select Show Expired Certificates. That should quickly show the old one if it's still around.

1 person found this helpful