20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 11:40 PM by kglad

button issue (probably easy for someone who knows actionscript)

Captainkewl
      I am an amateur in flash. I am starting to learn about it, but this one has me stumped. If you view the movie, you will see in the bottom left corner there is box with a "MORE INFO" tab at the bottom. When that tab is clicked, it takes you to the 3rd link in the menu (Home Adviser). However, I want the "Home Adviser" link in the main menu to highlight (like it does when you click the home adviser link). Right now, when you click the "MORE INFO" tab it just takes you to the home adviser page (but won't highlight the link). Also, when you click to get back to the home page after clicking the "MORE INFO" tab, it highlights the home link and the home adviser link. Any help would be appreciated. The "menu" layer holds all menu buttons etc. and if you go into the "content" layer, it holds all 5 frames of the movie. This is a template that was purchased and I am editing it. Feel free to de-compile it to view the .fla if you like. URL is http://kmkwebdevelopment.com/homeadvisor/index.html
      ---- on the main page, this is the "action" attached to the "renovations" button....
      on (rollOver) {
      if (_root.link != 3) {
      gotoAndPlay("p1");
      }
      }
      on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
      if (_root.link != 3) {
      gotoAndPlay("p2");
      }
      }
      on (release) {
      if (_root.link<>3) {
      _parent["b"+_root.link].play();
      _root.link = 3;
      _root.play();
      }
      }
      When clicked, that takes you to the "renovations page" and highlights the "renovations" tab in the main menu.

I made a button for the "MORE INFO" button at the bottom left of the home page and I copied and pasted the actionscript code above to it, thinking that it would do the same thing as the "renovations" button would. However, when I click the "MORE INFO" button at the bottom right of the page, it only takes me to the renovations page (which is what I want it to do), but it does not highlight the word "renovations" in the main menu. How would I get it to do this?

Thanks,
      Kris.
      Edit/Delete Message