My system is like 2 years old and i d like to see if i can boost it up a little....
here is what i have:
CPU: I7-4930K 6 core (12 hyperthreads)
Mother Board: Asus X79-DELUXE
Ram: KINGSTON Hyper Beast 32GB KIT of 4 1.65V KHX21C11T3K4/32X
Video: EVGA GTX 780 TI 3GB
Power : Cheivtec 1200w PSU
Soft : Win7 64bit Ultimate, Adobe PP CS6, Resolve. Work with Mostly Canon C300 MXF files, AVCHD, and Now from Time to Time with Adobe Pro Res....
Plz critic my Disk Setup!
1. Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Sata 3.0 SSD - system drive C: , all soft is installed here and its not used for anything else..
has a pagefile.sys = 8GB , TMP and TEMP folder is not located here!
2. WD black Sata 2.0 2TB - TEMP and TMP folders are here. Has a pagefile.sys = 20GB, Media (audio and video) original files from camcorder goes here
3. WD Raptor 150GB Sata 2.0, 10.000 rpm - I export files from adobe here as well as Project files are here, but also its used to save anything from net Downloads Folder is here (if i download image, or document from net it goes here), Also id i work on Word or Exel docs they are saved here. I would say its my working horse drive
4. Sandisk 64GB Sata 3.0 SSD - used for Adobe Previews, ADOBE_TMP_FILES
5. 2x Segate 3TB sata 3.0 - storage only (separate bays that i turn off when its not used) - back up Drives, Projects and files that were finished and saved on drive #3 Raptor are saved here for back up
So i am looking for a way to update it a little, refresh it, and make it more powerful maybe, i dont want to move to a different board and processor, but would d like to squeeze some extra horse power out of it....
1. I am Looking to upgrade my Win 7 64bit, to Win 8.1 64 bit, i wonder if its worth it? does it any faster?
2. At system drive C: there is a folder "USERS" , is it smart to leave it here on system drive, or should i move it to some other drive?
3. Looking for New System drive for my New Win 8.1, i am thinking to get:
Samsung SSD 850 Pro Sata III or 850 EVO , was going to get 256GB, but noticed that on my Current system drive there is just 60 GB Free space left, and like i shown all temp files are not located on system drive, so maybe i should get 512 GB?
and what would u suggest Pro or Evo?
4. My Sandisk 64GB just died on me, so after getting a new SSD for my system drive C: , i think i ll use my Current Samsung 840 pro as my disk for Adobe Previews, ADOBE_TMP_FILES
5. Do u think getting an extra 32GB RAM for my system will gives me something?
6. Cooler issue on cpu , it blocks 1 of the memory slots , so if i decide to put extra ram, i ll have to get new cooler....
7. my Old cheap speakers kind of died as well, so i am looking to get some nice speakers, so that i could do some audio edit/correction...
8. Need a new 1Gbit Router, with wifi ofcourse (for my phone, tablets...), but i dont use wifi on PC.... i only use wired connection and i need it to be 1 Gbit, What would u suggest? my current does not support 1 Gbit, so i pay extra for fast inet, but i cant use it because current router does not support it..
9. i have 12 SATA connections on my mother board , so i wonder about best way to utilize them?
- intel x79 sata III x 2
- intel x79 Sata II x 2
- marvell Sata III x 2
- AsMedia Sata III x 2
and thank u guys for your support!