11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 4:34 AM by Patrick Baldwin

Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.

thee_jeff

CR is not processing more than a small number of files at once? (Nikon D800, .NEF's) no matter what i try, if i process more than maybe 3 files - i get stuck at the "Remaining images to process: " window.  There isn't a RAM or HD space issue. I can save 1 or 2 at a time but it takes forever to save all of the images that way.  I've tried restoring preference back to defaults just in case I had accidentally triggered something to go haywire.  I'm using Camera Raw 9.4

HELP?

• 1. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

By “processing…files” do you mean “Save Image…”?  Does it matter how many total images you open in ACR?  So if you have 5 images open in ACR you can do a Save Image with all of those but if you have 100 open you can only Save Image to 3 at most?

You might try upping your Camera Raw cache to several more 10s of gigs, as well as try purging you Camera Raw cache in case something is amiss in there.

It still could be a resource problem that isn’t total-ram but some other thing ACR needs.  Have you tried adjusting total Photoshop memory up or down?

Does it happen with any few images you try to Save Image with, even if there are no adjustments beyond the defaults settings?  If you can get things to go bad with maybe 5 test images that have no adjustments, you might upload those to dropbox.com and post a public share link, here, to see if anyone else has the issue.  For Adobe to fix something they’d need to be able to repeat it.

• 2. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
            thee_jeff Level 1

correct. i was using their ACR terminology(at least what is in the window).   if i try to save more than a small handful of images (2-3ish), this is where i get stuck.  Spinning beach ball when over the window.  "application not responding" when hovering over the dock.  Ive tried purging caches before.  Ive up allotted RAM (that was already fairly high )and any other performance option.  Am about to restart and will attempt to save files to see it.  im crossing my fingers!Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 7.50.48 AM.png

• 3. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
              thee_jeff Level 1

it seems to be working now.  this makes me more confused.  i had purged cache before.  i upped available RAM from 50% (31,025 MB) to 70%(43583).  shouldn't the 31,025MB be enough to handle that much work?

• 4. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could try putting the RAM allocation back down to what it was and see if it still works.  Then  you know it was something else, perhaps related to the caching or who knows.

• 5. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                  Richard Southworth Level 3

There is also a disk cache for Camera Raw, accessible thru the ACR preference screen.  Try upping it, I have mine at 15GB.

Richard Southworth

• 6. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                    thee_jeff Level 1

Did that.  It was working for a job or so. now i stall out and get this message after re-opening ACRScreen Shot 2016-02-23 at 2.43.34 PM.png

I'm starting to believe the problem may not be on Adobe's side.  I will attempt to re-format my computer and start over(wont be able to until next week).  There has to be some weird setting that's tripped this off.  Nothing that should make sense and work has been.

• 7. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                      Richard Southworth Level 3

Go to ACR preferences and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor".  If that "solves" the problem then start looking for updated graphics card drivers.  Certainly try this before re-format.

Richard Southworth

• 8. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                        Patrick Baldwin Level 1

I have the same problem as the original poster. I get the camera raw temporarily disabled graphics card message. It doesn't make any difference whether the graphics processor is enabled or not. I can save them out individually and can actually create a queue that works as well if I save out individually fast enough but I cannot batch save. I did some extensive testing  applying different adjustments to multiple files and if I stay away from the lens correction tab it will batch save but I can repeatedly crash ACR by making lens adjustments such as vertical corrections and perspective corrections in that tab along with adjustments in other tabs. In my system it seems to be an overload of adjustments that cause the crash. If all I do is lens adjustments it doesn't crash for instance. Software is: up to date CC with ACR 9.4. My workflow uses DNGs and has been problem free for years. This has started in the last few months using this hardware: OSX 10.10.5 3.5 Ghz 6 core Xeon E5 20160113.r.355x64, AMD Fire Pro d700 6144MB. I have the exact same versions of Photoshop and ACR etc on a 2015 Mac Book Pro and none of this happens. I cannot make that crash. That might suggest its the Mac and not the software but I'm not so sure but I don't know where to look for a solution.

• 9. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                          Patrick Baldwin Level 1

To update, I downloaded the stand alone 9.4 ACR and installed it. It worked once with multi adjustments and then started crashing. I had already purged the cache and increased it from 10GB to 20GB. I have also tried batch saving Nikon D4 NEF files and again that worked once and then crashed twice in a row.

• 10. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                            thee_jeff Level 1

Patrick, i found another post that had better explained my problem. you can read that post or take my advice - go back to 9.1 Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

that seemed to be the general consensus. works perfectly for me now. some bells and whistles arent there from 9.4, but i had such a hard time because of not being able to save that i never even got used to using them

Here's the menioned post that helped me: The specified item was not found.

• 11. Re: Camera Raw not letting me batch process images.
                              Patrick Baldwin Level 1

Thank you. That does appear to have fixed it. Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Best wishes. Patrick.